Surroundings of Monte do Casarão
Lazing away the day, reading, swimming in the central pool, going for a stroll: that’s all you ‘have to’ do, really. You don’t even have to do any shopping or cooking, as you can hire the ‘dono da casa’ to do it for you.
Monte do Casarão equals enjoying. Enjoying the owners’ friendliness and hospitality, lovely weather, nature and silence. Enjoying being in the middle of nowhere. Enjoying absolute privacy on a hill of your own.
But if you do decide to leave your hill for a bit, there’s lots to be done all around you. You can fo for long treks in the unspoilt scenery or go for a ride on the mountain bike.
Likewise, you can
- go shopping in the pleasant atmosphere of São Teotónio
- have lunch in the more touristy village of Zambujeira
- explore the shops in Odemira, the regional capital
- go fishing in Vila Nova de Milfontes
- take a sunbath on Praia Carvalhal, one of the unspoilt sandy beaches, which you’ll almost have to yourself
- go for a swim in the Santa Clara reservoir
- surf in Aljezur, one of many surfing spots
- walk on the sands at Praia do Malhão
- visit the Algarve, with its stunning golf links, its huge swimming paradises, shopping malls, discos and McDonald’s
- go for a little sail in Portimão
- drive towards the Spanish border: to Évora and Marvão where you can observe Moorish influences
- drive around in the Monchique mountains
- alternatively, you can drive to Lisbon and make a day of it.
As you can see, you’ll be running out of time, before you run out of things to do.